Joy McGee-Cory advises health systems, managed care organizations, integrated delivery systems, and physician groups on managed care operations, provider compensation and contracting, regulatory compliance, and accreditation issues. Recent projects include:
- Analysis, planning, proposal development, and management of conversion of an employer-sponsored health program with 34,000 covered lives located in four states under 11 plans, multiple provider networks, and multiple TPAs into a consolidated health plan with one provider network, one TPA, one medical management company, and data warehousing services
- Assisting firms, through development of state-specific operating policies and procedures, in securing Utilization Review Agent (URA)/Medical Review Organization Certification
- Assisting organizations in application for survey by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), conducting a readiness assessment/mock NCQA survey, and making recommendations for policy and procedure changes
- Payor mix and managed care reimbursement analysis for health systems and physician groups; managed care contract negotiations
- Analysis of employer-sponsored health and dental benefits programs; RFP development/analysis for TPA, provider network and health management services
Ms. McGee-Cory experience includes:
- CEO of a regional preferred provider network of 1,800 physicians and 65 facilities serving 300,000 members, including 18,000 CHIP participants, in a 49-county rural market.
- COO of a 5,000 physician IPA managing 350,000 capitated lives that was the first physician organization in the nation to be certified by National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).
- Senior Vice-President of an integrated delivery system with responsibility for physician practice management consulting, physician recruiting, continuing medical education, hospital-physician information systems integration, and physician purchasing program.
- Director of Development & Operations for national and regional multi-specialty medical group practices.
Ms. McGee-Cory holds a Master of Business Administration degree from the University of Arkansas and is a Certified Physician Management Executive and a Certified Purchasing Manager. She has served in leadership positions with the Medical Group Management Association, Texas Association of Preferred Provider Organizations (TAPPO), and Texas Alliance of 5.01(a) Nonprofit Health Corporations. She has held adjunct faculty positions in business administration with Letourneau University (Longview, TX), University of the Ozarks (Clarksville, AR), and Cardinal Stritch College (Milwaukee, WI).